Self employed workers
Know that if you're self-employed, Multi-Prêts is up to the task of finding you the right mortgage.
We don’t frown upon self-employed workers. In fact, we see this as an opportunity to influence our financial partners into offering mortgages better adapted to your reality.
We all know that these days, being self-employed is no longer unique. Alas, what’s important is your financial history, the type of work you do, how you get paid and so on. Talk to a Multi-Prêts broker! You’ll find yourself an ally that understands your realities and above all, can negotiate a mortgage that fits your needs.
Self-employment: The specifics
Do the following describe you? Good. We’re in business.
We define a self-employed worker as someone who:
- Manages clients personally or is paid on commission
- Cannot prove an income via traditional verification
- Has a two-year history of managing credit and finances
- Has been running a small business for at least two years, with finances that can be verified by a third party
- Declares annual income and business revenues
Six important factors for your mortgage
We tell it like it is to help you prepare to be approved.
- Your credit rating
- Financial statements related to your business
- Third party confirmation of your financial status
- PST and GST account information and proof of up-to-date payments
- Proof that your downpayment comes from your assets
- Contracts that demonstrate future revenue