Documents you'll need to apply for a mortgage.
To submit a mortgage application, you will need to provide lenders with a number of documents. The following are usually required:
Proof of down payment
- Gift letter with proof of deposit
- Statement of account
- Personal check for automated payment
- Broker contract
- Signed promise to purchase with all annexes
- Property listing
- Septic tank compliance certificate
- Water quality certificate
- Condo fees
In the case of a private sale:
- Certificate of location
- Municipal and property tax account information
Proof of income
- Letter of employment (date hired, gross salary and position)
- Pay stub
- Notice of assessment for the last two years
- Federal and provincial income tax reports (T1 general) for the last two years
*Other documents may be requested by the lender.
Get your maximum loan in 5 minutes
What mortgage is right for you?
You’re cautious and like stability? Get fixed payments for a fixed term.
A great opportunity to get today’s best rates if you’re comfortable with market fluctuations.
You have less than 20% down payment? You’ll need a CMCH-insured mortgage.