Mortgage brokerage firm Multi-Prêts Mortgages and its mortgage brokers care about the quality of service delivered to its clientele.
In accordance with section 103 of the Act respecting the distribution of financial products and services (the Act), a complaint may be filed for the following reasons:
- A reproach against a firm or one of its mortgage brokers; or
- The identification of real or potential harm that a consumer has sustained or may sustain; or
- A request for remedial action.
The complainant should follow the procedure outlined below to file a complaint:
- Put the complaint in writing, explaining the subject-matter of the complaint, the mortgage broker(s) and/or lender involved, the reasons for the complaint as well as the consequences, and include their contact information.
- Email the complaint to email@example.com or mail it to 525, Viger St., Office 502, Montreal, Quebec, H2Z 0B2, Attention to Customer Service.
- The firm will contact the complainant within 10 days following the reception of the complaint.
- If dissatisfied with the firm’s processing of the complaint or the outcome, the complainant may ask the firm to have the complaint record examined by the “Autorité des Marchés Financiers ” (the Authority) in accordance with section 103.3 of the Act.
- The record will be referred to the Authority, which may suggest conciliation or mediation as set out in section 103.4 of the Act.